From agriculture to rides to horse and all ththe blooming onions your heart could desire, the Brome Fair is back for its 161th exhibition!
Located about 1.5 hours from Montreal, the Brome Fair is where you’ll want to be this weekend. ‘This family friendly exhibition has been in a tradition in my family, and we aren’t the only ones.
There is a lot to see and do, and there activities for kids of all ages. From the fairway with rides and games, to the artisanal tables with local treasures to the horse shows and agricultural displays your kids will love seeing the cows up close!
The dedicated little kids section is always a hit for us! It’s shaded with lots of great activities for the little guys. There is also a petting zoo which trust me when I say they have the cutest mini pigs!!!
- Arrive early! The traffic getting to the fair gets very heavy in the afternoon
- There is food for sale but you can easily bring your own lunch.
- There are a few shaded picnic bench areas.
- There is a fee of around $5 for parking
- Admission is $15 per person but includes thenrises. Kids 3 and under are free but they would not have access to the rides if they don’t have a wrist band.
- The children’s areaand petting zoo are included and are free.
More about the fair:
The Brome County Agricultural Society (BCAS) is located in the tiny village of Brome, Quebec. BCAS has organized a very successful agricultural fair since 1856. The Brome Fair is an annual fall agricultural fair and exhibition which takes place every Labour Day weekend. The tiny village of Brome, population 250, swells to over 40,000 people over the four days of fair. We are the largest rural agricultural fair in Quebec.“Brome Fair” is THE place to be for many faithful rural and urban visitors.
For over 160 years, we have welcomed visitors to see our cattle, horse, goat, sheep and our poultry exhibits. As well, they have enjoyed agricultural, handicraft, horticultural, and commercial exhibits, local and well-known entertainers, youth shows and “a taste” of what agriculture is today!